People Resourcing Workbench
The People Resourcing Workbench provides a view of the resourcing of all people - on one page!
There is a lot of information to process so filtering it down to an Office, Project Manager or Client level makes it more manageable. Resourcing is grouped into projects within clients, with all resourcing able to be edited. Additional people can be resourced to a project from here, rather than diving into the relevant project to do so.
Use cases include:
- A Team Lead/Manager to check what their team members are resourced on
- An input into a resourcing meeting (especially when teamed with the Project Resourcing Workbench)
The People Resourcing workbench is accessed from the PEOPLE master menu
The People Resourcing Workbench
The following is an overview of the screen
- Use the date picker to jump forward, or backwards to see previous resourcing
- Filter by Office, Team or Manager a well as to people that are “billable"
- You can assign projects to a person by clicking Assign Project
- Upcoming leave is included in resourcing to provide the full picture of activity (pencil booked if pending)
- Weekly totals are colour coded to represent the level of resourcing versus capacity
- Fully Resourced, exactly to capacity is shaded green
- Fully Resourced and over capacity is shaded pink
- Partially Resourced, but has capacity is shaded yellow
- Pencil bookings are shown in light grey
- The project type is shown by the relevant icon (Sales, Internal or Leave), with Billable projects represented by the icon of the relevant status (Opportunity, Committed, In Progress)
Projects can be added to people by clicking "Assign Project". Simply search for a project by name, and either add it and update resourcing later, or choose to allocate hours at the time of adding it.