v3.6: 14 Jan 2020 - Project budgets screen v2 & Worked vs Resource report
Welcome to 2020.
2019 was a big year for Projectworks and we have a lot planned for this year as well.
To get the ball rolling we have some new tools to help Project Mangers track and monitor their project budgets as well as a report to compare actual worked effort against what was resourced.
We also retired a feature that wasn't being used and did some housekeeping on the data related to timecodes.
Included in this release:
- The project budget screen now to the module level, including the ability to see hours/costs per person or per timecode
- New resourcing vs actual worked report (a hotly requested report)
- Removed some fields from timecodes as they are no longer needed
- Updated Client, Projects, People and Invoice directories to new format and added new options/info to Invoices directory
- The Gantt chart view of project timecodes has been retired. It wasn't being used by customers and it was complicating how timecodes were created.
- There are no changes to the API or SQL views
If you have any feedback or questions please let us know - send an email to email@example.com and one of the team will get back to you pronto.
Project budgets: Now at module level with consumption & allocation reporting
Version 1 of the project budget screen was released in December 2019, providing a information of the overall budget for the project. The budget screen has now been updated and provides another level of information, with the details being shown for each module.
View allocation and consumption data for a module (services modules only)
One more thing -the flip cards for the project budget numbers are now sticky, so you can choose whether you prefer them to default to the "basic" or "detailed" view
New report: Compare actual worked vs resourced
Ever wondered how things actually went for the previous week or weeks? How can you check whether people actually worked on what they were resourced to do? That's where the new "Actual worked vs resourced" report comes in.
The report can be run for a specific week, or a range of weeks. It will show the total hours a person was resourced for as well as the actual hours they recorded in their timesheet so you can identify where there are discrepancies you want to investigate.
Head to the reports section to check out the Actual worked vs resourced report.
Timecodes have been simplified
As part of retiring the schedule feature some of the information on timecodes became redundant. While cleaning this up we also took the opportunity to also remove the Temp timecode type and reorganised the layout of the add/edit timecode modal.
- To make a timecode inactive simply untick the "Timecode is active and available for use" checkbox..
- You can still choose to restrict use of a timecode to certain dates. Click the "Restrict timesheet entries to dates" checkbox. You can choose to just set an "available from" or "available to" date, or set both.
Data that has been removed
- Timecode status: (To do, In progress, Done, Closed)
- % complete
- Timecode type: Milestone and Temp
- Option to include a timecode on the schedule
Directory screens updated to new style and structure
We are continuing to update screens to a new visual style and structure. In this release we have updated the Clients, Projects and People directories. They'll be updated again in the future with options to sort and group.
Invoices directory updated
The invoice directory has also been updated with some amended details. A new "Dispatched" column has been added so it is easy to see whether an invoice has been emailed from Projectworks and exported to your finance system (eg Xero).
As well as being able to select a custom date range to view, you can choose to group the screen in a variety of ways and also sort the data. The icons highlight invoices which have been paid or are overdue.
API and SQL views
There have been no changes to the API or SQL views in this release.