v3.8: 27 Feb 2020 - Project settings and MYOB integration
The heading gives it away - Projectworks now integrates with MYOB. That means we now integrate with three accounting packages, Xero, Quickbooks and MYOB. We think that's pretty good! However, the part of this release that will be the most noticeable is the changes within the workbench of a project. A new screen has been added, one removed and the menu reorganised. Project Managers, we know you may be slightly disorientated for the first couple of days but we're confident you'll feel at home in no time!
Included in this release:
- Project workbench reorganisation and a new project settings screen
- New way to archive and un-archive a project
- MYOB integration - invoices and payment reconciliation
- Grouping and sorting added to the Project and People directories (and see the last timesheet date)
- Project time entries screen data now loads 250 rows at a time
- New option to group by Team on the project time entries screen
- The Expense Claims by Office and By Person screens combined to a single All Expenses screen
- There have been updates to the API and SQL Views
If you have any feedback or questions please let us know - send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will get back to you pronto.
Project workbench reorganisation
- New settings screen has been added
- The modules screen has been removed as it was no longer relevant. Use the settings screen to add/edit budgets, and the budget screen for the financial summary of the budget breakdown
- The entity formerly called a module is now simply called a budget
- The details screen is now read only
- The workbench menu has been reorderded with a few name changes
You'll now see a new screen called settings. This is where you go to add and edit the various settings related to your project. The information on the screen has been grouped into general settings, financial settings, invoicing settings, and budget breakdown. The most significant change is you now go here to add and edit your budget (modules in the old school terminology). Any additional information (custom fields) that your company has added to projects will also be maintained from this page.
Archiving or un-archiving a project
The mechanism for archiving or un-archiving a project has been changed, and is performed from the project settings screen. A new actions button has been added to the top right of the screen. If a project is active you'll have the option to either archive or delete the project fro the actions button. There are some restrictions on whether a project can be deleted or archived so you won;t be able to do something you shouldn't.
Once a project has been archived, you will have the option to un-archive it from the actions button. You'll need to select the appropriate contractual status to un-archive the project.
People and Project directories updated
Project time entries - load 250 rows at a time
API and SQL views
There have been a changes made to the API and SQL views to align with changes made in the application.
- Changes to the project create/update endpoints to reflect business logic changes in the web app
- Changes to the module create/update endpoints to reflect business logic changes in the web app
- The Fixed Costs option has been removed from the ModuleBudgetType
- The Allow Self Service with Notifications option has been removed
- The resourcing views available under the admin login have been updated. The structure is the same but they are following the rate card rules that are enforced in the app. This means the value of resourcing in the SQL views will match the value of resourcing shown in the app..